Recent Posts

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

McDonalds Felixstow - Double Quarter Pounder

Name: McDonald's Felixstow

Address: 465-467 Payneham Rd, Felixstow SA 5070

Burger: Double Quarter Pounder (Meal)

Price: $n/a




I must admit that I love McDonald's.
It's not really too good for you, it's a huge global corporation and so forth. But I don't care. I still love it. I have a few favourites from McDonald's, but I get different things quite often. I love a Big Mac, and quarter pounders. Quite often I will customise my burgers. I will sometimes get a chicken pattie inside a Big Mac (as well as the beef), or even get a double-double quarter pounder (a pounder, right?).



After a recent visit to the pub, I got a craving for grease. My friends and I stopped past McDonald's in Felixstow, and orderd some. I ordered a Double Quarter Pounder Meal, as per the menu. I also ordered a Chicken Bacon Deluxe burger, and although it will not be eligible for the leaderboard, I will review it at a later date.

According to the website, the Double Quarter Pounder consists of:

Satisfy your ultimate hunger. Take two quarter pounds* of 100% Aussie beef, then complete the tasty picture with cheese, onions, tangy mustard and pickles. Bet your mouth is watering right now.


I love the beef at Macca's. It's greasy, tasty and doesn't have 4Kg of herbs and spices in it. Couple this with the yellow, melty America-type cheese, and you have one hell of a mouth party. Overall, it's a great package. 


Beef:
Amazing. Juicy, tasty and full of beefy flavour. Unfortunately, I am yet to find a non-fastfood burger that has these qualities. The meat was fatty, but I don't eat here because I'm on a diet. Very damn good beef. 

Cheese:

It's hard to fault the cheese at McDonald's. It wasvsoft, melty and very tasty.Apparently Kraft supplies the cheese. I don't think it's the same as you can get from the supermarket here, but it's very similar to the American cheese which is synonymous with burgers in the States. It's as close to the perfect burger cheese as I've come across in Australia. Mmm.


Bun:
The bun was a soft, sesame seed bun. It was fairly well made, and rarely fall apart. McDonald's have done well to work out the perfect ratio of bun to fillings. It wasn't all that tasty, but it did a good job of being a bun. 


Extras:
As the menu says, in addition to the meat and cheese, the burger contained onions, tangy mustard, and pickles. Not many extras, but they work very well. They complimented the meat and cheese well, and are not too overpowering. The pickles were a bit soft, but this happens regularly. It didn't ruin the experience too much.


Fries:
McDonald's are famous for their fries. They are fairly consistent, but there is still some variation from store to store, and from time to time. As I didn't eat them straight away (waited until I got home), they were a bit soggy. I like this though, so it was a bonus. They tasted fantastic, but were slightly over-salted. Pretty damn good, but not the best I've had (either at Macca's, or elsewhere!). 


Meat
4.5/5
Cheese
4/5
Bun
3.5/5
Extras
3.5/5
Fries
4/5



Great burger. Perfect balance of ingredients, and most importantly, great, juicy, fatty beef with yellow, melty cheese. You really can't go wrong with a double quarter pounder. I find the normal quarter pounders to be too out of balance for my tastes, it's hard to detect the meat and cheese flavour. 


Total:
3.9

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More